A blog is a news feed on your website that you update yourself.
⭐ Keeps your customers up to date with your business
⭐ Show that you're an experienced, active business
⭐ Boost your Google ranking!
⭐ Allows you to share news, new reviews, new services etc
Instructions for blogging (handy video!)
Our news feed on our homepage (www.onlinedesigns.uk)
How do I get a blog?
We'll install it on your website for you and show you how to use it. If you want one, just ask!
Ideas of what to write
Update your customers with everything new in one easy to read post with lots of images
Company Updates & Achievements
- Staffing changes
- Awards you've won
- Certificates you've gained
- Courses you been on
- Things you've done that look good to your clients
- Anything to make you look reliable and knowledgable
- News in your industry
- Future things you're planning to get involved in
- eg If you're a plumber, how about writing about renewable energy sources
- eg If you're a restaurant, write about what the season's veg quality has been like locally and how the weather has affected it
Even if you don't think anyone will be interested, it shows you are interested, and you are up to date with your sector. And most of all, all of the text will contribute to your Google ranking.
- New services you have added or trained in
- New products added to your shop
- Great reviews you've received, both online & offline
Instructions for blogging
Once we have installed your blog we will add you as a Contributor (meaning you will have access to use the blog yourself). Follow the instructions to set up your account.
Then, whenever you want to write a blog, follow these instructions. You can also blog on your mobile phone, but these instructions are specifically for a computer.
Instruction video (with audio):
Or you can follow these written instructions...
1. Logging in
Go to wix.com and log in. Forgotten your password? Let us know and we'll help you.
If this is your first login you'll need to set up an account.
2. Go to your blog.
From your dashboard, click 'Blog', found on the left hand side of your screen.
You will see a list of your posts (when you've written some!) If you're writing a post, click 'Create New Post'. You can also re-visit old posts, delete or hide them, and more.
4. Writing your post.
Write your post like a Word document. Add a title at the top, and then write your main post below it. You can use the bar at the top to use things like bold, italic, and change the colour of your text. Make sure you regularly click 'Save' at the top right. Don't worry, this won't put it online - it saves it as a draft.
5. Add images or video.
Click where in the article you'd like an image/video, and click '+' from the options that show up. Select 'Image' or 'Video' from the bar on the left.
You will then be shown your Media Manager. This contains every image ever used on your website.
- Choose an image to use on your website. Click it and then select 'add to page' or simply double click the image.
- If you're choosing an image you have't previously used on the website, click 'Upload Media' in the top left, and find it in your computer. Then, once it's uploaded, double click to add it.
6. Categorising a post.
If your website contains multiple blog feeds (eg, the blog appears on more than 1 page), it may use categories. This means that posts you add to certain categories will show up on certain pages of your website.
To categorise a post, click 'Categories' down the left hand side and tick the relevant category, then click save.
If you can't see any categories, your website doesn't use them and you can feel free to ignore it.
7. Set a 'Featured image'
This image will show up as the thumbnail for the blog post. Click 'Settings' down the left hand side, and then hover over the Featured Image section, and then click the change button.
When you're ready, click 'Publish' in the top left! You should see it on your website immediately (although you may need to refresh your page).